BG SPARK PLUGS
Models RB105-1 And RB114-1 Have Long Insulators For Extra Flashover Protection
- 2″ insulator provides extra flashover protection.
- Iridium electrodes resist erosion at high temperatures.
- High temperature non-conductive glaze on insulator resists flashover.
- Extra thick cycle weld crimp over nickel gasket seals for zero gas leakage and assured insulator retention.
- Conductive glass seal assures zero gas leakage.
- Folded steel gasket prevents plug loosening during operation.
A unique cooling process is why BG plugs last longer. . .
The foremost way that spark plug manufacturers change heat range of a spark plug is to change the length of the ceramic nose – the length measured from the sealing gasket downward to the firing end. A shorter ceramic nose makes the spark plug “colder,” but also makes it more prone to fouling because the electrical path is shortened. Only BG uses cast silver in direct contact with the ceramic insulator to facilitate cooling – this allows BG to offer “colder” spark plugs with adequate nose lengths to prevent fouling.
Spark Plug Gaskets
|21367||For top threaded S.P.||Solid Copper|
All new BG spark plugs include a gasket. The ability of a spark plug to seal gas leakage and conduct heat depends upon the condition of the gasket. When reinstalling spark plugs, always use a new gasket.