BG manufacturers ceramic-to-metal electrical feedthroughs. BG feedthroughs provide a hermetic electrical connection through the walls of a variety of pressure vessels.
Electrical Feedthrough Capabilities:
- Provide superior leakage resistance and are tested with a helium leak tester (standard acceptance leak rate of <1×10-6 cc/sec He).
- Operate at pressures from 0 PSIA to 500 PSIG.
- Have a greater operating temperature than other products… up to 250 °F.
- Are constructed with copper conductors (brass for BG220-1H and BG350B) and brass nuts for maximum electrical current carrying ability and lowest connection losses.
- Are compatible with currently used refrigerants and phenolic oils.
- ATEX certified versions available
- Transformer Bushings
- Semi-Hermetic Air Conditioning Compressors
- Semi-Hermetic Refrigeration Compressors
- Oil & Gas Filled Transformers and Switching Equipment
- Explosion Proof Electric Motors
- Vacuum Furnaces
- Electric Steam Generators
- Centrifugal and Submersible Pumps
- Electrostatic Precipitators
- Transformer Rectifiers
Electric Feedthrough Interchange Guide
|Auburn Part Number||Equipment Manufacturer P/N||BG Part Number|
|F-200-1, F-200-1H, F-210-1H,|
F200-1, F200-1H, F210-1H
|F-240LL, F-240LLH, F-250LL,|
F-250LLH, F240LL, F240LLH, F250LL, F250LLH
|F630, F630||Trane TER00159||BG630|
|F-68, F-140, F-150,|
F-820, F68, F140, F150,
|F-690,F690||Trane STU00094||Contact Factory|
|BG Model||Conductor||Current Rating Amps||Electric Flashover >||Mounting Thread, Hex||Overall Length||Insertion Length||Operating Pressure1, 2||Brass Nut Installation3||Maximum Operating Temp.|
|BG210-1H||0.25 in (6.35mm)||175||10kV DC||3/8-18 PTF-SAE Short, 13/16″ Hex||4.45 in (113mm)||1.57 in (39.9mm)||500 PSIG (3445Kpa)||40 in-lb (4.5 N-m)||250°F (121°C)|
|BG220-1H||105||5/8-18 UNF-2A X .360 LG. 13/16″ Hex|
|BG250LLH||14kV DC||1/2-14 NPT 7/8″ Hex||5.17 in (131.3mm)||1.93 in (49mm)|
|BG310H||.375 in (9.53mm)||275||12 kV DC||3/4-14 NPT 1-1/8″ Hex||5.22 in (132.6mm)||2 in (50.8mm)||10 ft-lb (12.5 N-m)|
|BG350H||7/8-14 UNF-2A X .475 Lg. 1-1/8″ Hex|
|BG610||.625 in (15.88mm)||750||10kV DC||1-11 1/2 NPT 1-3/8″ Hex||5.91 in (150.1mm)||2.12 in (53.8mm)||50 ft-lb (67.8 N-m)|
|BG630||7.68 in (195.1mm)||2.88 in (73.2mm)|
|BG670-1||8.17 in (207.5mm)||3.87 in (98.3mm)|
|BG650||1 5/16 – 12 UN-2A 1-3/8″ Hex||5.91 in (150.1mm)||2.12 in (53.8mm)|
1Leak Rate: Test acceptance < 1 X 10-6 cc/sec (He)
2Hydrostatic Pressure test 2500 PSI
3Installation Note: Recommended installation torque for brass nuts should not be exceeded. Electrode threads will be damaged. BG recommends the use of two wrenches when connecting to our feedthroughs. There are two brass nuts on each end that must be tightened against one another.
Custom Feedthrough Solutions
Our engineers will work with you to design and develop feedthroughs that meet the specifications of your unique application. Please contact us with your requirements.
Electric Feedthroughs are also known as:
- Hermetic Terminals
- Epoxy Based Feedthroughss
- Hermetically Sealed Studs
- Electrode Sealing Glands
- Studs for Pressure Applications
- Studs for Vaccum Applications
- Traversée de Paroie Étanche
- Spark Plug Feedthrough
- Electric Feedthrough